LaunchProgress Political Action Committee is a state-based Political Action committee that invests early at the state and local level to help grow the bench for progressives running for higher office and national leadership positions in the future. You can access our 2019 application here, as well as read our FAQs below. To apply, you must complete the questionnaire, as well as send your resume and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohio applications are due February 28. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are especially encouraged to apply. If you have questions about our endorsement process that are not answered below, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Who can apply?
- How do I apply?
- What materials do I need to apply?
- When can I apply?
- What happens after I'm endorsed?
LaunchProgress PAC endorses young candidates (40 and under) running for state or local office. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are especially encouraged to apply. We do not endorse candidates running for offices above the state senate level. We do not endorse any candidates running for federal or statewide positions.
In 2019, we are endorsing candidates in Michigan, Ohio, and North Carolina.
There are four steps in LaunchProgress PAC’s endorsement process.
Step 1: Endorsement Questionnaire (estimated time: 30 minutes).
- All candidates must submit an endorsement questionnaire.
- The questionnaire asks for each candidate’s basic information, resumé, and contains questions on progressive value areas. We provide space for candidates to elaborate on each issue area.
- Questionnaires will be used in our internal endorsement processes only and will never be shared publicly.
Step 2: Interview, if invited by LaunchProgress (estimated time: 30 minutes)
- Candidates who demonstrate that their values align with LaunchProgress PAC’s values advance to the interview stage. Candidates will be notified of their phone/Skype interview date and time, if applicable. The candidate may be asked to provide further information, such as a campaign plan, ahead of the interview.
- LaunchProgress PAC staff and State Endorsement Committee members will interview the candidate via conference call, webinar, or Skype. The interview will consist of questions from staff and Endorsement Committee members. The questions will largely be drawn from the candidate’s questionnaire, resumé, and any other materials requested by LaunchProgress ahead of the interview.
Step 3: Endorsement decision and notification
- Staff and Endorsement Committee members vote on the candidate’s endorsement. If the candidate receives an endorsement, the team makes a decision on what direct contributions and in-kind services the PAC is able to offer the candidate.
- Staff will notify the candidate of the PAC’s endorsement decision specifics of the endorsement.
Step 4: Announcement
- LaunchProgress PAC will make the endorsement public the following week.
To apply for LaunchProgress's endorsement, candidates must complete our questionnaire. Candidates must also send an up-to-date resume and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline for their state.
When you apply for an endorsement depends your state and campaign cycle. In 2019, Ohio applications are due by Feburary 28. Michigan and North Carolina applications will be due later in the year.
Following the endorsement decision, LaunchProgress PAC will contact the candidate about the the endorsement package decision (what the PAC is able to offer in direct contributions, in-kind services, or both).
LaunchProgress PAC will continue to coordinate with the endorsed candidate to ensure each candidate receives the services laid out in the endorsement package throughout the election cycle.