LaunchProgress Political Action Committee is a state-based Political Action committee that invests early at the state and local level to help grow the bench for progressives running for higher office and national leadership positions in the future. You can access the 2017 application here, as well as read our FAQs below. To apply, you must complete the questionnaire, as well as send your resume and headshot to email@example.com. March 2017 applications are due by 11:59pm on Friday, March 31. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are especially encouraged to apply. If you have questions about our endorsement process that are not answered below, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who can apply?
- How do I apply?
- What materials do I need to apply?
- When can I apply?
- What happens after I'm endorsed?
LaunchProgress PAC endorses young candidates running for state or local office. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are especially encouraged to apply. We do not endorse candidates running for offices above the state senate level. We do not endorse any candidates running for federal or statewide positions.
In 2017, we are endorsing candidates in Michigan, Ohio, and North Carolina. Please email us at email@example.com to see if we are endorsing in your state in 2018.
There are four steps in LaunchProgress PAC’s endorsement process.
Step 1: Endorsement Questionnaire (estimated time: 30 minutes).
- All candidates must submit an endorsement questionnaire.
- The questionnaire asks for each candidate’s basic information, resumé, and contains questions on six value areas. We provide space for candidates to elaborate on each issue area. Candidates must also submit their availability for an interview provided in a link on the questionnaire.
- Questionnaires will be used in our internal endorsement processes only and will never be shared publicly.
Step 2: Interview, if invited by LaunchProgress (estimated time: 45 minutes)
- Candidates who demonstrate that their values align with LaunchProgress PAC’s values advance to the interview stage. Candidates will be notified of their phone/Skype interview date and time, if applicable. The candidate may be asked to provide further information, such as a campaign plan, ahead of the interview.
- LaunchProgress PAC staff and Candidate Advisory Board members will interview the candidate via conference call, webinar, or Skype. The interview will consist of questions from staff and Candidate Advisory Board members. The questions will largely be drawn from the candidate’s questionnaire, resumé, and any other materials requested by the Candidate Advisory Board ahead of the interview.
Step 3: Endorsement decision and notification
- Staff and Candidate Advisory Board members vote on the candidate’s endorsement. If the candidate receives an endorsement, the Finance Board makes a decision on what direct contributions and in-kind services the PAC is able to offer the candidate.
- Staff will notify the candidate of the PAC’s endorsement decision specifics of the endorsement.
Step 4: Announcement
- LaunchProgress PAC will make the endorsement public the following week.
To apply for LaunchProgress's endorsement, candidates must complete our questionnaire. Candidates must also send an up-to-date resume and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on Friday, March 31, 2017.
When you choose to apply for an endorsement depends your campaign cycle and when you will be requesting resources. It is up to you. To apply for our first round of endorsements in 2017, please send all your materials (resume, candidate questionnaire, and headshot) to email@example.com by 11:59pm on March 31, 2017. We will also do another endorsement round in June of 2017.
March 2017 endorsement timeline:
March 8: All endorsement questionnaires and materials are available online at launchprogresspac.org.
March 31: Candidate questionnaire must be completed, and resume and headshot must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 7: Candidates are notified of their endorsement status and interview slot, if applicable. LaunchProgress will make every effort to hold interviews at convenient times for candidates.
April 10-14: Endorsement interviews (via webcam)
April 21: Endorsement decision sent to candidates
Following the endorsement decision, LaunchProgress PAC will contact the candidate about the the endorsement package decision (what the PAC is able to offer in direct contributions, in-kind services, or both).
LaunchProgress PAC will continue to coordinate with the endorsed candidate to ensure each candidate receives the services laid out in the endorsement package throughout the election cycle.